Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Thursday, December 2, 2010

catch up..VEGAS, CANADA and more!

So it's that time of the year.....lots of preparation for holidays and family.  First up was t-day...that was fun and I'm looking forward to Christmas.  I love my family and being with them.  The San Diego mountains are a haven of pure air and solitude.  The icing on the cake was how wonderfully cold it was.  i love the cold!!   I took my daughter and her friend on a hike....it was one I do every time I go down except we had a little detour and had to go another way....long story short a 1 hour hike turned into a 2 hour hike.  Also went ice skating which is soooo much fun.  Saw old friends, went to a swap meet with my parents.  I'm so lucky and grateful to have such a wonderful family, honest to God. 

Since my lively hood relies on how many classes I teach every week, I have to say I am a little nervous to be heading into holding little if any classes until mid-January.  In the mean time I am lucky to have two trunk shows Dec.10 and Dec.17.    In case you are so inclined here are the details:

Friday Dec. 10, 6-9p Garden of Beadin Upland,Ca- Me selling my wares, lots of new and eclectic gifts,cards and jewels.  Wine and appies too.

Friday Dec.17, 6:30-8:30p Redondo Beach,CA- Private residence wine and appies.  There will be several independent artist's selling their wares.  Details to follow.

Part of being an independent entrepreneur involves 24/7 pro active thinking and doing.  Thinking about my schedule 3-6 months out, setting deadlines, making samples and proposals, contacting new establishments, making things to sell at shows and my store and it's all fun and I love it but it it's not for everyone.  You have to have faith that everything will work out even if you don't know how it will.  You become creative in other ways ...its called survival.  Part of this dry spell I will be having for the next few weeks made me think creatively.  Watch my etsy store in the coming weeks for some GREAT deals on hard to find supplies for all you crafty people.  Rhinestone chain, crown charms, crystals, bead caps, soldered charms, more kits and tutorials.  I will slowly start adding items this week and next week and will update you on my blog.   I have been adding items but I never let my blog people know....I forget.    I might even have a give away!

LAS VEGAS, FEB.5,6
One more thing...I have been asked to come back to Las Vegas in 2011!  Two great workshops....if you are in Vegas or live in Vegas Feb.5,6 treat yourself to a fun creative weekend.  Space is limited.  The picture  gives you an idea what the projects will be.  Here is a blurb and more updates as it approaches:

TWO DAY WORKSHOP WITH ROBIN DUDLEY-HOWES
                                February 5th & 6th   2011
                                  las  VEGAS
                  $90 per day or $160 for both days ($20 savings!)
                                  optional   kits available for$20 each
                   
Saturday Feb.5th-  ALTERED ART BOTTLES 10-4p
Have you seen those beautiful antique bottles with soldered sea shells, crosses and other mixed media at Anthropologie and other hip establishments?  Wondered how they were made?  I'll show you!!  No experience necessary!  Bring your soldering iron and solder and make at least one or two gorgeous bottles with your choice of rhinestones, crystals, doll parts, beveled glass, shells, more rhinestones.  These are SO much fun to make!   Kits will be available to purchase or bring your own stash.  Material list provided at registration.


Sunday Feb.6th-    TREASURE CUFF    10-4p
~Exclusive Class to this event!!  Learn how to make a beautiful show stopping cuff!  Techniques include how to make a sturdy wire base to attach and wire wrap beads, findings and mixed media.   Everyone should leave with a finished cuff, each one as individual as you are!  Kits provided if you prefer not to bring materials.  A small supply list will be given at registration for basic tool requirements.

Class size is limited so register early.  Payment plans available .  First payment due Dec.15 with balance due by Jan.10, 2011.    No refunds unless the class is canceled.   Send check or money order to:
Robin Dudley-Howes
1321 Engracia Ave
Torrance,CA 90501
Address for this event is at a private residence and will be given at time of registration.  Please contact me for more information by email:  robin@powerline6.com  OR leave a  phone message 310-787-8704

CANADA, BOWEN ISLAND B.C

Yes!  I have been asked by the talented fiber artist, Ellen White, to teach a 3 day workshop series March 25,26 & 27 2011in Canada!   I will be teaching my most popular classes: 
Friday 3/25-Tube bead earrings
Saturday 3/26- Mermaid Cuff
Sunday 3/27- Treasure Neclace and Soldered glass charms

Details are still being worked out.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Recycled Rita said...

Hiya! Where are you doing the private show? And Canada? Can I go in your suitcase??? I will be quiet, I promise!!
PA---Leeeese??? :) me...keb....

RoseFelix said...

Hiya Robin ~ Whoa, Wow, Wow ~ Outstanding and exciting on the new class in Vegas, and Canada. Congratulations once again to your unique workmanship of jewelry that you create. I always love what you come up with. Oh yeah, BTW when are you gonna come out with a book or tutorial? This is more of an accolade statement then a demand. Just that I'm seeing several artist getting published, seems like more then usual and of course I thought about you. And I can just image a jammed packed book about your various one-of-a-kind works of art that pop out of your brain all the time, and captured now in a book. Oh yea...that's what I'm talking about. Okay girl I hope to see you on Friday nite at GOB ~ Love you Andrea