Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Monday, May 11, 2009

hippy chick

NEW ETSY EARRINGS


NEW ETSY EARRINGS-assymetric
NEW ETSY EARRINGS-assymetric
NEW ETSY EARRINGS

MY BRONZE BIRDIE W/NEST
yes, i confess I am a hippy chick...always have been and probably always will be. for God's sake I was born in 1962......my family wasn't bohemian but you can't mess with the star's and their alignment. This is my back yard in all it's chaos with died silk hanging from the lemon tree. I actually had to make my own clothes hanger from an old branch and hang it from two other branches. after I left these to dry I was inspired to dye more vintage doilies, aprons and vagrant fabric scraps. I have been dying things off and on for years, mostly experimenting and after I saw Nina Bagleys post of dyed pieces for jewelry and journals it ingnited my past. Right now I am in the frantic process of producing new samples for classes. this is the process: making your mark by creating your own reality, colors and style and hoping others will like it! So far so good. More assymetric earrings in my etsy store. the little bird will soon be part of a necklace. it was cast in bronze and i am using bronze wire to connect the dots. peace!

4 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

ah

I remember wearing those tie-dyed colours all to well.

Though, frankly, I don't recall them looking as lovely as yours do.

I'm getting the urge to find laced-to-the-knee moccasins and my fringed suede vest.

Now I have to go play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aPbuRPpvO8

elena fiore said...

Very, very compliments for your creations.
In inglese non so dire molto di piĆ¹, ma in italiano avrei da dire tanto!
Ciao, elena.

Recycled Rita said...

I love the birdy!!!! Love the tie-dye too! Hmm.... I wonder what happened to my earth shoes????hugs! karen...

Art4Sol said...

Beautiful creations...I especially like the top necklace and of course I have a soft spot for birds.