Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Friday, September 17, 2010

Creative chaos and random acts of kindness

Thought I would give you a glimpse into my haunted studio...........well it's really not haunted but I have been SOOOOOOOO into Halloween tinkering away at new pieces for GLITTERFEST!!  woohoo. Can't Wait!!  I usually work more on my jewelry but not so this time.   I have lots of new Halloween paper art like tags, gift pouches, gift matchboxes, cards, ornaments, maybe a banner or two and more!   It must have been after I got the new Stampin Up! catalog (I'm a demonstrator)and  seeing the awesome Halloween stamps and accessories they had and the ideas in the catalog that got me all excited  and THEN serendipitously seeing what Tim Holtz is doing and creating with his new line of Halloween dies and tags!!!  UGH so much great creativity out there....I love it!  I will also have a few Christmas type things as well as new jewelry for sale too.  I swear that if I didn't have to eat or sleep (or take care of my family's meals, cleaning, laundry schedule etc...) I would probably never leave my studio!  I'm not kidding.  It has a bathroom and enough room to sleep.  What more would I need?  I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE making stuff.  I wake up every morning thinking about what I will work on with much anticipation.  I am so lucky to live this creative life.

 I wanted to give you all a heads up for a RAK (random act of kindness).  Check my blog sometime this weekend for a give away.  It will only be for 24 hours and all you have to do is leave a comment and then after you get it, how you like it.  I am giving away a new tutorial......not sayin' what, but it has something to do with a promise I made a few months ago.  I haven't decided if I will put a limit, say the first 20...50??  Not sure.  I don't even know if I have that many people checking my blog so we'll see.    After 24 hours I will have it for sale in my etsy.   BUT YOU (lurkers, friends, students) get if for free if you stop by.  I would also like your honest opinions on the tutorial....likes, dislikes, needed info etc.
yes this is how i work...
 

6 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

What a lovely post! Aren't we so fortunate? To be able to get up and crave to make art and know we can do it. There are so many people who say they don't know how or "are not creative." We are so lucky! It's a little spooky in my studio too... lots of stuffed witch dolls around! ha!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Holly

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Your space is so amazing!

lilylovekin said...

How lucky you are to have a studio to make such a mess it, mine has spread to the dinning room table. I love all your spooky creations, it must feel rather festive at your place.

Recycled Rita said...

looks spookily yummy to me! karen...

JoAnn said...

Robin,
LOVE ALL your Halloween art!!
Looking forward to Glitterfest, it's creeping up on us quickly. I'm not ready yet - the on-going creating process, love it too.

Me! said...

It is a truly creative atmosphere . . . that's what it is! I love it! I hope it all does so well for you! I would think that anything you pour your heart into, certainly should!
~Debbi