In the mean time I have joined the 29-day giving challenge
http://givingchallenge.ning.com/. The challenge started with a woman named Cami Walker and the reason why I am doing this is because of my belief in serendipity. Short story: About a year ago I attended an event through Ladies who Launch. In a nut shell it's an organization for women entrepreneurs. Everyone was networking, there were inspirational guest speakers, everyone was handing out cards and for what ever reason I kept a card that caught my eye and attention and I still have it and yes it's for this challenge. I never followed up on it but just two days ago on NPR (national public radio) I heard a woman talking about her new book called 29 gifts and she was explaining the idea behind it. I don't know why I thought it related to the card I kept a year ago but it turns out to be the same gal who started the organization. I probably even met her but can't remember. I figured it was a sign so I'm doing it. Here is a little history on her:
Cami Walker, 29Gifts.org Founder
- Why I'm choosing to give:
- Because my mom taught me that the best way to solve your own problems is to help someone else.
- What I'd most like to receive:
- May as well WISH BIG... * RECEIVED Sept 08 -- A publishing deal for the 29 Gifts book, which is gonna rock! * A baby. * A good screenwriter, producer and director to help make the 29 Gifts feature film... and some big money to make it happen.
- How did you hear about the 29-Day Giving Challenge?
- A South African medicine woman, Mbali Creazzo, gave me a prescription to do it and then I created this site.
- About me:
- I'm a writer, artist and healer who lives in Los Angeles, California. I worked in advertising for "the big boys" for a long time, helping companies who already have millions of dollars make millions more. After about 15 years of focusing on making money for these giants, I found myself feeling empty, unfulfilled and struggling with a serious health condition (Multiple Sclerosis) that required I stop living my over-driven lifestyle. Now my focus is on helping build companies and community projects that are spiritually-centered and wildly profitable on all levels. I created the 29-Day Giving Challenge to encourage my friends, family, clients and hopefully many strangers to give back to our communities--and as a way to help me heal.
So for 29 days starting today I will give away something and it may or may not be a blog give away, it may be big or small so to speak, it could be a kind gesture to a stranger or change to a homeless person etc. But I will always tell you what it is daily. That right there is a gift!
For today I gave away a resource for cheap stained glass and industrial supplies that I normally only give to my students but today I gave to a complete stranger that emailed me and now I will give it to you: