Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Friday, August 15, 2008

Updates,classes and so on...

I can't believe I am posting...AGAIN...this is record breaking. My friend Karen will be so proud of me. Since returning from ArtUnraveled, I feel I've been in a state of lala land. I don't want to spoil the feeling and experience I had so I am extremely reluctant to do anything that isn't fun, like doing my taxes. I have cleaned my house...kind of... You see I teach private belly dance lessons and art classes at my home studio and that is my only impetus to clean...and the fact that I can't stand dirty hard wood floors and a messy kitchen and bathroom. Other than that I have been having a fun time with my daughter and painting a chair for someone. I also take care of my other businesses (not fun) and the bookkeeping...ugh,bore, blah. My husband and I own a retail "style" lab in Hermosa Beach,CA as well as a design studio.

Tomarrow I will be at Piecemakers for a trunk show and demonstrating a class I will be teaching Aug. 24. The above picture is a glimpse into the style to be taught. I don't know if I have any sign ups because I didn't have an actual sample at the store. There was just too much stuff going on . I am also teaching a Beginning solder class at Piecemakers Sept. 7 and a Wire Jewelry class at my studio in Torrance on Sept.14. There are pictures of both the classes on this blog. The class at my studio includes a 12 page handout with color photos, lunch and hands on instruction . Piecemakers also has a great venue with lunch on the premises for a donation and lots of great things to buy .

On another "note" i have added music to the site....how do you like it? Is it distracting? I know when I look at other blogs and the music starts blarring at 2am I am a little jarred, but I turn it down and then it's okay. I am starting to realize that blogs can be a glimpse into ones personality and by adding music and other types of "mood" or other sensory enhancing ephemera I am essentially making a "welcome" sign to you visitors into my world. It's a brave action and puts me in a more vulnerable position. I have been belly dancing professionally for over 18 years....how much more vulnerable can I get? Now if I could only send out puffs of incense.....

hugs and shimmies!

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Hi Robin, It was great seeing you today at Piecemakers. You weren't kidding when you said you had been blogging more. I'll have to check back more often. I checked out the websites you gave me and am having a good time with all the eye candy. I'm looking forward to getting back to stamp club. See you soon. Dianna

Veronica said...

Wow, love the colours!

I work from home and when ever I have clients coming over I madly clean beforehand!