Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I was a bad girl last night...or 3 days after AU...or what I did today






After taking a long walk to the farmers market w/ my Violet, we did paper mache' and painted. I needed to finish a sample for a class I am teaching at Piecemakers, Aug. 24 so it was perfect. There are pics of the progression. I still have to coat it with glossy varnish. I received my free copy of the new Stampin Up? catalog! Yipee! Took pics of the cover and a couple pages....looks fun. For those of you who don't know, I am a Stampin Up! demonstrator and love it. I have 2 to 3 monthly stamps clubs and I can't get enough of it.

I was a bad girl last night. I stayed up till 3am on ebay! I'm obsessed with rosaries and I had to look at every single one until it felt like my eye balls were going to fall out and dry up! It paid off. I won two of the 12 lots I bid on! And I won the one (play on words) that I REALLY wanted. Thank goodness I didn't win them all! What is up with that mentality of being the highest bidder. It's a sickness I tell ya. I don't do it often, just so you know.

One other thing, since I came back from AU I have been really going over all the great advice the crafty chica (kathy cano-murillo) gave in her Kamakaze promotion class and along with all she suggested, she highly reccomended signing up for twitter...so I did... now I don't know how to activate it. If anyone can "follow" me on their twitter, maybe I can get it going? It's on my blog.

And another thing: what is up with the English language and the way companies are making up new words....twitter?, blog?, moo cards? what is that??? where did they get those wierd names?

signing off
p.s will probably have a give away soon....I need to know that there are people out there checking my blog so send me a comment!

5 comments:

Sweet Petunia said...

I saw your class on Maija's blog...looked like fun. I am trying to stay away from Ebay. I get into that bidding frenzie where I type what I think is my highest price only to be outbid by a quarter...so I keep uping my max. Crazy.

I think many people read blogs and don't post.

Long Black Eyelahes said...

HI! I sat next to you in Cathy's class, (to your left) It was a great class, wasnt it? I will follow you on Twitter, new to it myself, i will need to sign up too and follow you too. Angelica

rebecca said...

what a complete delight to finally meet you face to face. you are a complete HOOT! please email me your address so i can mail you something.
love,
rebecca

Jennifer said...

Hi Robin--I stay up way too late way too often! It's a bad habit, but I can't help it! I'm glad you won yur ebay auctions!

Thank you for entering my blog and wishing you lots of luck!!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm reading your blog (smiles).

As for ebay: I've been obsessed with tintypes since I've been on holiday for the past two weeks. I (like you) had to look at every single tintype! I got into a bidding frenzie like *sweet petunia* for a few days and finally told myself "back away from the computer!"

Not saying I'm happy to be going back to *the day job* next Monday, but it MAY save me some money! LOL