Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Sunday, June 1, 2008

NEW SOLDERED PIECES

These charms have been fun to make. I will be teaching how to make them at Piecemakers in Costa Mesa,Ca Sept.7, 2008. As the date comes closer there will be reminders.

I wanted to also tell you about the enormous inspirations I have come across in the altered art jewelry world . I have listed them in my links list : Deryn Mentock (I LOVE her jewelry), Stephanie Lee (awesome book just came out), Susan Lenart -Kazmer (great new book), Richard Salley, Nina Bagley, Keith Lobue, Amy Hanna and of course LYNNE MERCHANT. I love the fact that these artists use completely non-traditional metals, found objects and ephemera for their pieces and I have incorporated a little bit of all of them into my jewelry. It's hard to get away from what you were taught was the only right way to make jewelry but it is so fun to break the rules.

For those of you in the know about the jewelry explosion, Sally Jean Alexander was one of the initial creators of the soldered charm craze. I have never taken a class with her but I have her book and that is where I was inspired to try these charms. Her book is absolute EYE CANDY! So beautiful.

9 comments:

Steph said...

They're beautiful ! I enjoyed the studio tour too ;) !

Still Waters Studio said...

Isn't it cool how a message can go from Belgium to California to Tennessee? I love your work! Especially the soldered jewelry.
I will be visiting again some time.
Sherry

Still Waters Studio said...

Isn't it cool how a message can go from Belgium to California to Tennessee? I love your work! Especially the soldered jewelry.
I will be visiting again some time.
Sherry

Still Waters Studio said...

Isn't it cool how a message can go from Belgium to California to Tennessee? I love your work! Especially the soldered jewelry.
I will be visiting again some time.
Sherry

Recycled Rita said...

Robin,
You have outdone yourself on this one! I want it! It is absolutely perfect! I have to come over soon to see this one in person!!!!
xoxo karen....

C K said...

I love the charms, especially the little bottle. I just purchased some small bottles to use as embellishments for some mini albums I'm about to start. Now I have new inspiration for the ones I have left over.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Hello Robin - can you give me a little more info on the class? Will we be making a bracelet with the charms? Cost of class? Hours? I know it's in September and it's only June, but I would like to plan on coming :-) You can e-mail me. Stay art-filled!

Anonymous said...

Love the charms and that book is eye candy!!
I see that you made the "sandwiched" charm with 3 d elements between glass- I have not tried that one ... any advice before I give it a go?

Ro Bruhn said...

These are beautiful, your studio looks so much like mine especially the jewellery table top. Love your work. Thanks for visiting my blog.