TAGS: #100DAYPROJECT #100DAYSOFROBINSQUARES
What Is the 100-Day Project? It’s a celebration of process that encourages everyone to participate in 100 days of making. The great surrender is the process; showing up day after day is the goal. For the 100-Day Project, it’s not about fetishizing finished products—it’s about the process.
How Can I Play? It’s simple. Follow these steps to participate:
- Sign up for #The100DayProject newsletter for important announcements prior to and throughout the project.
- Follow Elle Luna and The Great Discontent on Instagram for project announcements, updates, and highlights.
- Choose your action, which you will perform every day for 100 days starting on Monday, April 6th, and ending on Tuesday, July 14, 2015.
- Create an Instagram account if you don’t already have one (this is where you’ll share your photos).
- Select a unique hashtag for your project so all your instances of 100 can be viewed in one place. Include the hashtag with each of your posts (i.e. #100Daysof____ ).
- Announce your project on Instagram. Download an image and post it on Instagram, along with your project’s unique hashtag, to announce your project before April 6th.
- On April 6th, begin! Share each instance of 100 on Instagram and include your unique hashtag and the official projects hashtag, #The100DayProject, so everyone can follow along. (Note: If you find this after the 4/6 start date, you can still join in and catch up or finish later.)
- What are you passionate about? Is there something you used to do that you gave up, something you’d like to explore, something that intrigues you?
- Pick an object or objects. What do you already have in your possession that could be used to facilitate this project? it could be as obvious as paint and paintbrushes, a camera, fabric and a sewing machine, or a musical instrument. Or it could be less obvious, like your great dance moves, paint chips, a wooden chair, or strangers.
- Consider your location. Will you be home, traveling, or a combination of both? Pick something that’s feasible for you to complete.
- Choose your action. What’s your verb? Here are a few to get you thinking:
stand, speak, drive, study, drop, act, remove, repeat, examine, replace, introduce, perform, jump, pass, test, roll, kick, run, cook, thank, place, pick, save, throw, cover, shake, count, dance, break, walk, form, deliver, show, raise, reach, catch, sing, sort, develop, measure, discuss, draw, dress, write, meet, climb, take, look, climb, wish, shout, wash, decide