Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Something New








I've been wanting to make this for a long time. Up until now it's been a rendering in my sketch book and I finally whipped it up this week for a new class at Piecemakers. I will be teaching it Aug.29 from 10a-4p. Sign ups will be soon and you can contact them ahead at 714-641-3112. It's called "Bohemian Chic"~An introduction to shisha mirror embroidery. The whole purse is made from scratch and the techniques will include free form quilting, shisha mirror embroidery, tassels and pompoms. Shisha mirrors are small mirrors used in ethnic textiles and accessories. Most examples I have seen are from India, Africa and Pakistan. Let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Long Black Eyelahes said...

It is breathtakingly beautiful! Please let us know when to sign up!

Tristan Robin said...

Well, I am never going to carry a handbag - but if I were going to, this is definitely the one I'd be carrying! What a knockout!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful and inspiring. Love it!

Art4Sol said...

This is beautiful! I would love to take this class!

Maija said...

Just beautiful!!! Will you be going to GTL's trunk show on Friday night?

Anonymous said...

Robin, that is gorgeous!

Audrey

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Robin:
WOW!!! I would want it hanging on my wall or off a mirror frame. I love the tassels. You got it girl!!!
I need to come to another class sooner than later.
peace
carole